Guest Speaker: Helen Page
Topic: Garden Cemeteries of the World
Thursday 3rd August 2023
General Monthly Event, Please be seated 7.15 for 7.30 pm Start
Helen Page has been an ardent, active volunteer for many years to restore and preserve historic gardens in Victoria. She is a member of the Australian Garden History Society and Friends of Burnley Gardens.
Helen was the driving force behind the restoration of the historic gardens at Bishopscourt in East Melbourne and the Boroondara Cemetery Garden (Kew). In this presentation, Helen will take us on a journey to discover often forgotten, but significant cemetery gardens.
Plus: Stay for Herb Tea and a bite afterwards.
If possible, please bring a plate to share and/or herbs for herb tea or assist at the tea trolley after the main event.
- Room MB10 – In the Main Building.
- Access via wheelchair friendly ramp, room is down the corridor on the left.
- Burnley Campus, Melbourne University
- 500 Yarra Blvd Richmond
- Room is normally open 7.00pm for 7.30pm start
HOW TO GET THERE:
- By road The main entrance is on Yarra Boulevard – south from the Swan Street bridge. Parking inside the grounds is limited so, if possible please park on Yarra Blvd and walk in.
- By tram From Flinders Street along the Exhibition Street extension into Swan Street, tram number 70 to stop number 18
- By train Nearest stations are Burnley, Hawthorn or Heyington
HSOV meets 1st Thursday of the Month (not January) and for special events.
COVID advice for Melbourne University and therefore HSOV meetings at Burnley – please do not attend if you are experiencing symptoms – see also https://www.unimelb.edu.au/coronavirus