HERBAL PREPARATIONS WORKSHOP
Saturday 28th October 2023, 12.30pm to 4.30pm
Workshop 1 Herbal Tea Blending with Naturopath Jan Illingworth
Workshop 2 Making Topical Herbal Preparations with Naturopath and Herbalist Jill Cheah
Book Now www.trybooking.com/CLPDV
- HSOV Members: $10
- Non Members $20
Or join HSOV Join today to receive this event for only $10, plus other HSOV benefits. Membership is only $26 to $34 per financial year.
- This event plus HSOV membership (to 30 June 2024) single $36
- This event plus HSOV membership (to 30 June 2024) family $44
- Both Workshops and take home goodies.
- Afternoon tea
- Plus: herb plants & 2nd hand herb books for sale and HSOV Raffle
Make a day, come early for:
- Friends of Burnley Gardens Plant Sale from 10.30am with popup CWA cake stand
- BYO picnic brunch on the lawn or at the Sugar Gum table.
- Wander the beautiful and historic Burnley Gardens.
Location – Burnley campus of Melbourne University
- Main Building, Rooms MB10 & MB11
- 500 Yarra Blvd Richmond
- Public Transport accessible, Free parking available, Disabled access
12.30 pm Registration and Greeting
Browse books and herb plants for sale, raffle and find a seat.
Workshop 1 Herbal Tea Blending with Jan Illingworth
1.00 pm Start
Jan is a Naturopath, with a background in nursing, seeing first hand the importance of self-empowered care for our health.
She has used her skills and knowledge to develop blends for tea with herbs, mostly using her organic homegrown plants.
Learn about the history or tea, with tastings of several different forms of Camillea sinensis. Jan will pass on some of her secrets and tips on how
to harvest herbs for teas, as well as making up herbal tea mixes. Plus the opportunity to take home some Herbal Teas.
2.00 pm Afternoon Tea
Take a break with homemade scones, and other delights including GF/vegan options, with herbal teas.
Workshop 2 Making Topical Herbal Preparations with Jill Cheah
2.30 pm Start
Jill Cheah is a Herbalist and Naturopath, passionate about herbs for health and enthusiastic to share her knowledge.
She grows and harvest herbs and prepares her own tinctures, pastes, creams, teas and tonics and ran
a workshop both days at the recent 17th Aust’n/NZ Herb Conference, held in Melbourne.
This workshop, Jill will guide you through making herbal creams and lotions, providing practical skills to make these for home use.
And take home Herbal Preparations from the workshop.