Thursday 7th December 2023
PRE-EVENT PICNIC From 6.00 to about 7.15pm
For those who can make it a little earlier, join in an end of year picnic get together.
Meet at the Sugar Gum Tree Table (near the Herb Garden) BYO plate to share.
If the weather is unkind, head along to our regular meeting room (MB10) to share your treats.
MAIN EVENT Please be seated 7.15 for 7.30 pm Start
Guest Speaker: Shahni Hance
Topic: Wedding Flowers and Herbs though the Ages
Bring: Family wedding photos
Shahni is a florist extraordinaire and was a HSOV committee member a few years ago before moving to country Victoria. Some will no doubt remember Shahni, as warm and engaging with an infectious smile. Others may recall her incredibly intricate and amazing displays at each monthly meeting event. Or the fabulous herb and spice hat she whipped up for the July 2018 meeting.
With the season for family celebrations in the air, let’s reminisce on your family big events through wedding photos. Tonight’s meeting will show how wedding bouquets and flowers have developed over the decades, by exploring your family snaps to compare different styles. Much more interesting than the Windsor family wedding pics no doubt! Shahni will put her skills to the test using herbs to create bouquets of the past and present.
Plus: Herb Plant and Soaps for sale.
Plus: Stay for Herb Tea and a bite afterwards.
If possible, please bring a plate to share and/or herbs for herb tea or assist at the tea trolley after the main event.
- Room MB10 – In the Main Building.
- Access via wheelchair friendly ramp, room is down the corridor on the left.
- Burnley Campus, Melbourne University
- 500 Yarra Blvd Richmond
HOW TO GET THERE:
- By road The main entrance is on Yarra Boulevard – south from the Swan Street bridge. Parking inside the grounds is limited so, if possible please park on Yarra Blvd and walk in.
- By tram From Flinders Street along the Exhibition Street extension into Swan Street, tram number 70 to stop number 18
- By train Nearest stations are Burnley, Hawthorn or Heyington
HSOV meets 1st Thursday of the Month (not January) and for special events.
COVID advice for Melbourne University and therefore HSOV meetings at Burnley – please do not attend if you are experiencing symptoms – see also https://www.unimelb.edu.au/coronavirus