Guest Speaker: Jan Illingworth, Naturopath
Topic: Herbs and Travels in Greek and Cyprus
Thursday March 7th 2024
General Monthly Event, Please be seated 7.15 for 7.30 pm Start
Yazoo! As a Naturopath, Jan is passionate about the use of herbs and plants for health. The last issue from December 2023, included a compilation of posts from our fabulous President’s 3 month Greek and Cypriot Odyssey, that barely scratched the surface.
This talk will take us away from the tourist tracks, on a journey of discovery of the flora and fauna that are at the roots of western medicine. All with a light hearted herbie perspective and told with Jan’s incredible knowledge and dry sense of humour. Should prove to be fascinating and fun.
Plus: Stay for Herb Tea and a bite afterwards.
If possible, please bring a plate to share and/or herbs for herb tea or assist at the tea trolley after the main event.
- Room MB10 – In the Main Building.
- Access via wheelchair friendly ramp, room is down the corridor on the left.
- Burnley Campus, Melbourne University
- 500 Yarra Blvd Richmond
- Room is normally open 7.00pm for 7.30pm start
HOW TO GET THERE:
- By road The main entrance is on Yarra Boulevard – south from the Swan Street bridge. Parking inside the grounds is limited so, if possible please park on Yarra Blvd and walk in.
- By tram From Flinders Street along the Exhibition Street extension into Swan Street, tram number 70 to stop number 18
- By train Nearest stations are Burnley, Hawthorn or Heyington
HSOV meets 1st Thursday of the Month (not January) and for special events.