Guest Speaker: Penny Woodward
Topic: Pest Repellent Plants & other Organic solutions
CHANGE OF ROOM – NOW IN THE LECTURE THEATRE- QUAD 6
Due to Renovations in our regular meeting room, the HSOV event has been moved to the Lecture Theatre (Quad 6/Room 898). This is NOT in the Main Building.
If entering the campus from the main entrance on Yarra Boulevard, Quadrangle 6 is on the right; where the campus library is – the Lecture Theatre is to the right of the Library. See attached Burnley campus map and a section detail with the Lecture room highlighted.
Please be seated 7.15 for 7.30 pm Start
Please bring plate of Supper to share or herbs for tea AND please BYO own cup for tea.
This change means we do not have access to our regular tea equipment, so please bring your own cup and lend a hand if you can. Your patience will be much appreciated too.
Penny Woodward on Pest Repellent Plants & other Organic solutions
Penny is Patron to the HSOV and was a key note speaker at the recent Herb Conference. She has a wealth of knowledge, experience and qualification in horticultural. She had run her own herb nursery, writes for Organic Gardener magazine and is a regular on the 3CR gardening show. She writes practical and beautiful books, which will be for sale.
This focuses on how to reap the benefits of our gardens, but minimise the harm to the environments. It’s your chance to see the presentation that was planned for the Herb Conference, but had to be postponed.
Please bring a plate to share and/or herbs for herb tea or assist at the tea trolley after the main event.
Where: Lecture Theatre (Quad 6/Room 898). (Please be seated 7.15 for 7.30 pm Start
- Burnley Campus, Melbourne University
- 500 Yarra Blvd Richmond
- Enter MB building from the main entrance
- Room is normally open 7.00pm for 7.30pm start
HOW TO GET THERE:
- By road The main entrance is on Yarra Boulevard – south from the Swan Street bridge. Parking inside the grounds is limited so, if possible please park on Yarra Blvd and walk in.
- By tram From Flinders Street along the Exhibition Street extension into Swan Street, tram number 70 to stop number 18
- By train Nearest stations are Burnley, Hawthorn or Heyington
HSOV meets 1st Thursday of the Month (not January)
COVID advice for Melbourne University and therefore HSOV meetings at Burnley – please do not attend if you are experiencing symptoms – see also https://www.unimelb.edu.au/coronavirus