Guest Speaker: Craig Castree
Topic: Great Soil for Success
Thursday 4th May 2023 General Monthly Event
Please be seated 7.15 for 7.30 pm Start
Craig is a horticulturist with 40 years’ experience growing edible gardens in urban spaces. He is passionate about promoting organic gardening and sharing his wide expertise from edible garden secrets to cheese making. This presentation focuses on creating fabulous soil to promote micro ecosystems and great gardens.
Plus: Books for Sale
Craig has written several books which will be available for sale – see craigcastree.com.au
Plus: Herb Plants for Sale
Herbs from Renaissance Herbs at subsidised prices. (cash only)
Plus: Stay for Herb Tea and a bite afterwards.
If possible, please bring a plate to share and/or herbs for herb tea or assist at the tea trolley after the main event.
- Room MB10 – In the Main Building.
- Access via wheelchair friendly ramp, room is down the corridor on the left.
- Burnley Campus, Melbourne University
- 500 Yarra Blvd Richmond
- Room is normally open 7.00pm for 7.30pm start
HOW TO GET THERE:
- By road The main entrance is on Yarra Boulevard – south from the Swan Street bridge. Parking inside the grounds is limited so, if possible please park on Yarra Blvd and walk in.
- By tram From Flinders Street along the Exhibition Street extension into Swan Street, tram number 70 to stop number 18
- By train Nearest stations are Burnley, Hawthorn or Heyington
HSOV meets 1st Thursday of the Month (not January) and for special events.
COVID advice for Melbourne University and therefore HSOV meetings at Burnley – please do not attend if you are experiencing symptoms – see also https://www.unimelb.edu.au/coronavirus