Guest Speaker: Karen Sutherland
Topic: Native Herbs
Thursday 1st June 2023
General Monthly Event, Please be seated 7.15 for 7.30 pm Start
Karen Sutherland from ‘Edible Eden’ is a horticulturalist who consults and designs gardens for home harvest. She co-authored the book ‘Tomato: Know, Sow, Grow, Feast’ with Penny Woodward and Janice Sutton. Her own suburban garden is all about sustainability, with a huge variety of edibles; some exotics and especially indigenous plants with over 40 bush food plants.
HSOV had Karen booked to speak just as COVID forced a postponement, so we have been waiting a long time to see her again. Her last presentation to our group was fascinating. This is one not to be missed!
Plus: Stay for Herb Tea and a bite afterwards.
If possible, please bring a plate to share and/or herbs for herb tea or assist at the tea trolley after the main event.
- Room MB10 – In the Main Building.
- Access via wheelchair friendly ramp, room is down the corridor on the left.
- Burnley Campus, Melbourne University
- 500 Yarra Blvd Richmond
- Room is normally open 7.00pm for 7.30pm start
HOW TO GET THERE:
- By road The main entrance is on Yarra Boulevard – south from the Swan Street bridge. Parking inside the grounds is limited so, if possible please park on Yarra Blvd and walk in.
- By tram From Flinders Street along the Exhibition Street extension into Swan Street, tram number 70 to stop number 18
- By train Nearest stations are Burnley, Hawthorn or Heyington
HSOV meets 1st Thursday of the Month (not January) and for special events.
COVID advice for Melbourne University and therefore HSOV meetings at Burnley – please do not attend if you are experiencing symptoms – see also https://www.unimelb.edu.au/coronavirus